Welcome to our 4/5C class page where you can find out about some things we are learning and see pictures of some of our highlights.
Here is what we will be learning in Term 2:
* Writing: We are learning about how to write persuasive texts. We are also focusing on improving our sentence structure and punctuation in our writing.
* Reading: We are reading the text Boy Overboard as a whole class and improving our comprehension skills. We are also reading in smaller mixed ability groups focusing on summarising a text and our predicting skills.
* Mathematics: This term we will have a focus on angles, position, patterns & algebra, 3D space, fractions & decimals, volume & capacity, multiplication & division, length, addition & subtraction, mass, whole number and time . We will also have a focus on subitising, number talks and improving our basic maths facts.
* History: We are doing a combine unit of Before Contacts and Great Journeys for the first 6 weeks and then for the last 4 weeks we will be learning about Australia as a Nation in preparation for the Year 5 camp to Canberra.
*Technology: We are learning about different elements of word and google documents. We will also be learning about how is technology impacting on our health, safety and wellbeing?
* PDH: We are learning about emotional management with Mrs Sturgess on Monday mornings.
* PE: We are practising our athletics skills and how we can work together to play a game.
* Creative Arts: We are learning about the elements of music. E.g. pitch, duration, tone, musical notes.
Home reading has commenced, this is checked every Friday.
The public speaking task is due Monday Week 4.
Spelling and study ladder homework will commence in week 4.
Important days in the week:
It is a Departmental of Education requirement that parents provide a letter explaining a child’s absence from school for short or long term or partial ie; part of a day.
Year 5 will be going to camp to Canberra from Wednesday to Friday in Week 9. On Tuesday Week 3 we will be participating in a virtual excursion that aligns with what we are learning in History. In Early Term 3 we will be going on an excursion off site as a class.
Could I kindly ask for all students to donate a box of tissues for our class. Over the coming months we will be needing them.
Mrs Jessica Cole
4/5C class teacher