Welcome to our 4/5C class page where you can find out about some things we are learning and see pictures of some of our highlights.
Here is what we will be learning this term…..
* Writing: We are creating imaginative texts and working on our sentence structure. We are also focusing on improving our writing by adding in many grammatical elements e.g. adjectives, similes, conjunctions.
* Reading: We are reading the text Rowan of Rin as a whole class and improving our comprehension skills. We will be identifying the genre of texts and discussing character development. We are also reading in smaller mixed ability groups and completing a novel study in literacy groups.
* Mathematics: This term we will have a focus on Whole Number, Data, Addition & Subtraction, Area, Multiplication & Division, Chance, Fractions & Decimals and Two-Dimensional Space. We will also have a focus on subitising, number talks and improving our basic maths facts.
* Science: We are learning about physical world and exploring forces.
* History: We are learning about Australia as a nation.
*Technology: We will be learning about all the elements of PowerPoint and Canva.
* PDH: We are learning about empathy and respect with Mrs Sturgess on Monday mornings. We will also have a focus on cyber safety.
* PE: We are improving our fitness skills and our time to run around the fitness track.
Home reading has commenced, this is checked every Friday.
Important days in the week:
Clothing & Equipment
Please ensure all clothing and equipment especially hats and jumpers are clearly labelled.
It is a Departmental of Education requirement that parents provide a letter explaining a child’s absence from school for short or long term or partial ie; part of a day.
Asthma medication should be kept in the student’s schoolbag and the office, and a copy of the Asthma Management Plan prepared by your doctor. All other medication MUST be kept at the office and parents will need to complete a medical form giving details of doses and times. If your child has any allergies or medical conditions that may require urgent treatment our school needs an Action Plan.
Could I kindly ask for all students to donate a box of tissues for our class. Over the coming months we will be needing them.
Mrs Jessica Cole
4/5C class teacher